How to enter a result.
It’s the responsibility of the HOME team to enter the result onto the site.
Before you even start
You have to have an account on the WVA web site – www.wva.org.uk. That account has to be approved by the League Secretary to enter results for your club. In principle, a club may have as many Results Secretaries as it wishes.
Once you are prepared
1. Log in to the site
2. Navigate to Competitions | Wiltshire Mixed Leagues | Results
3. Click Competitions | Cycles | (for the appropriate season) Divisions | (for the appropriate Division) | Fixtures
4. Find the correct fixture in the list, click Result Detail.
5. This page allows you enter much of the detail from the score sheet.
6. Note particularly. ‘Available players’ lists players the system believes are registered as available for the match. Tick the ones who actually played THEN CLICK Add To Squad. If you have players listed on the score sheet that do not appear in the Available players list, add them as Unregistered Players. It does not follow that the team will automatically be penalized for the use of an unregistered player. It may be that the player registration list is not fully up to date. Any penalty will be assessed and applied by the League Secretary.
7. After entering the Squad, scroll up to the squad list and set one of them as player of the match.
8. Repeat the squad process for the other team.
9. Enter each Set score individually. For each set enter the set number (1, 2, or 3) and the point scores (Team1 is the HOME team, Team2 is the AWAY team.)
10. Add in the 2 point win bonus – in the adjustment area, make sure you add it to the right team.
11. Add in the 1 point bonus for reporting a result online. Results Secretaries should NOT enter any other kind of score adjustment. Other penalties or awards will be made by the League Secretary.
12. Add in the officials. First and Second ref should have a score from each team. Other officials are not allowed a score.
13. When you are happy with your work (you might want to go back and check it) click Approve Result. It’s now up to the AWAY team to check and approve it. You can’t touch it after you move off the page.
A reminder. You still need to send off a scan, or the paper copy, of the score sheet to the league sec. The SIGNED score sheet remains the formal record of the match result.